R&D Courses for Welsh Pharmacy Practitioners
Welsh Universities (and neighbouring Universities in England) support the development of research skills and understanding through a number of post graduate level courses or standalone training.
We are working with appropriate providers to identify current and new research training programmes. To submit other courses or opportunities please use our submission form here.
- Description: The purpose of this module is to provide a critical understanding of the research process and methodological approaches to sound applied research. The module will be delivered in a systematic approach facilitating individual and group learning, and will stimulate the development of research skills that will enable learners to apply them in their work environment and contribute to strengthening the notion and implementation of evidence based practice.
- Participants: Part of Advanced practice MSc
- Awards: 15 credits
- Cost: email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- Description: 12 weeks stand alone e-learning MCQS on course content. For those thinking of doing research covering process, statistics, evidence based healthcare
- Participants: Different healthcare professionals working in any clinical area.
- Awards: 20-40 credits
- Cost: £646
- Description: Prepares candidates for substantial Masters level researchStudy days 18 hours directed reading and self study. Oral presentation and Research proposal assessment. Part of MSc
- Participants: Pharmacists
- Awards: 10 credits
- Cost: £550
- Description: The aim of this module is to develop a student’s ability to critically understand and conceptualise the process of research and health improvement within the context of health and social care. Face to face or blended learning
- Participants: Compulsory part of courses including OT, Radiography, Physiotherapy, Health care science, Preoperative practice
- Awards: 30 credits
- Cost: email admissions for details
- Description: The research methods module aims to introduce students to critically evaluate research methods through the development of understanding of the philosophical, practical and ethical concepts of research and research methodology
- Participants: any
- Awards: 20 credits
- Cost: £560 Level 6 or £780 Level 7. Contact: email@example.com
- Description: This course covers critical appraisal, research methods, statistics and broader research skills and will enable students to design, conduct and write up robust research studies. Students will conduct two substantial research studies in a topic of their choice, supervised by experienced members of academic staff.
- Participants: The course is suitable for students with a varied background in research methods. There is a choice of two research methods modules, one for those with little or no background experience of research and one for people who already have some experience of research, perhaps at undergraduate level.
- Awards: PG Cert, 180 credits
- Cost: For details contact firstname.lastname@example.org