Funding for Research
Pharmacy Research Funders
A number of national funders support research into pharmacy practice and clinical research, including:
- NHS Wales Chief Pharmacists Group: 2017 Research Bursary Awards. Awarded for the 1st time in 2017 these bursaries enable pharmacists to gain higher educational research skills with an intention to increase the research capacity and capability of the workforce. APPLICATIONS OPEN
- The Research Capacity Building Collaboration (RCBC) wales is a partnership between six HEIs in Wales. It was established in 2006 to increase the research capacity of nursing, midwifery, allied health professions and pharmacy and to contribute towards the development of clinical academic roles. RCBC fund Postdoctoral Fellowships, PhD Fellowships and a number of new awards entitled Early Career PhD Fellowship
- Pharmacy Research UK is the principal research charity supporting pharmacists and pharmacy to improve healthcare for the benefit of patients and the public. It funds research grants, bursaries and fellowships for pharmacy professionals.
- Health and Care Research Wales runs a number of schemes designed to stimulate excellence and support capacity building in health and social care research. They also fund with UK partners including England National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) and the Medical Research Council (MRC).
- Cardiff School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences produce a monthly newsletter of funding opportunities for pharmacy staff in Wales: PharmacyFundingNewsletter_July21_
To see more funding opportunities open to pharmacy professionals see the Royal Pharmaceutical Society’s A-Z of funding resources.
Royal Pharmaceutical Society member? Join the Research and Evaluation Forum for updates on research training and funding.